- » Product description
- » Technical data
- » Video
The thumb hole drill PB.18 works in combination with the proven drill PB.16 D. Collated products up to 50 mm height consisting of different materials as well as folded sheets, tab sheets etc. are drilled economically in perfect quality.
After drilling the holes for wire binding on PB.16 D the stack is pushed onto the table of PB.18 for drilling of the thumb hole. Sheets from 150 to 550 mm (5 7/8” x 21 ¾”) binding length are centered automatically.
Sticking together, chipping of paint and damages to sensitive material by gripper are excluded.
Instead of a cutting stick a movable drill belt is in use. That guarantees clean thumb holes. Our suction device for drill waste has to be connected by our customer to a vacuum cleaner or a central suction line.
Through the use of self-lubricating bearings and guides the PB.18 is maintenance free.
In addition to the drilling patterns for wire comb binding almost all hole patterns for file hole or ring binders, for a combination of US and EU pattern, as well as Filofax are stored in the computer of PB.16 D.
- 1 drill head for taking drill bits of 22 mm / 7/8” hole diameter
- Spindle speed and stroke speed regulation optimized for drill bits of 22 mm Ø =
min./max.: 380/450 rpm
mini./max.: 10/15 strokes/min
- Pile height up to 50 mm / 2”
- Table size: 550 x 300 mm / 21 ¾” x 11 ¾”
- Automatic centering of the material
- Drill belt as drilling support
- Paper drill bit cooling and lubrication system
- Dimensions 890 mm (w) x 950 mm (d) x 1.450 mm (h) / 35" (w) x 37 ½" (d) x 57" (h)
- Power supply 400 volts, 3 phases, 50 cycles, 1,9 kW
- Compressed air consumption for cooling and lubrication 100 litres per minute at 2 bar pressure