- » Product description
- » Technical data
- » Performance data
- » Video
Paper drilling on demand - that means change of hole pattern, spine margin and paper size at the touch of a button, without any set-up delay. The paper drilling system Dürselen PB.15 DoD combines maximum flexibility with high output - ideal conditions for modern workflows in digital printing and finishing.
The paper drilling system Dürselen PB.15 DoD processes
- piles of loose leafs
- piles of folded sections
- piles of perfect bound books and
- piles of stitched brochures
up to 50 mm / 2" in height. Two drill heads with free positioning programming can produce any hole pattern at the touch of a button with fully automated control of paper format and spine margin. This allows efficient processing of large printing volume, consisting of many different small runs.
Dürselen paper drill PB.15 DoD can run in line with digital printing and finishing equipment and be used as a stand-alone unit. A special interface allows job definition and set-up control via barcode or a networked workflow for in-line operation. Maximum flexibility, continuous workflow, highest process reliability - paper drilling on demand.
- Two free positioning programming drill heads
- Continuously variable stroke and spindle speed
- Drill belt as drilling support with motorized, programmable transport
- Paper drill bit cooling and lubrication system
- Spine margin behind drill bits 5 - 25 mm / 3/16" - 1"
- Closest hole spacing 1 mm / 3/64"
- Paper drill bit diameter 3 - 14 mm / 1/8" - 5/8"
- Minimum paper size 120 mm / 4 3/4" long x 80 mm / 3 1/4" wide
- Maximum paper size 340 mm / 13 1/2" long x 320 mm / 12" wide
- Pile height up to 50 mm / 2"
- Dimensions incl. conveyors 2,600 mm / 102" wide x 2,400 mm / 95" deep x 1,300 mm / 51" high
- Power requirements 400 volts, 3 phases, 50 - 60 cycles, 25 A, 7,5 kW
- Compressed air consumption 250 litres / minute at 6 bar pressure
- Internal impulse lubrication for the paper drill bits
- Drill bit breaking sensors for in-line-operation
- Up to 1,500 piles per hour; performance depending on No. of holes to be drilled
- Any hole pattern possible - file holes, asymmetric patterns, patterns for twin wire / mechanical binding
- Automatic push button hole pattern change
- Automatic push button paper size change
- Automatic push button spine margin adjustment
- Interactive short stroke function for increased productivity at low pile heights
- Touch screen with easy menue navigation
- Careful material transport by flat feeding of piles and smooth, air-cushioned transport channel
- Intelligent transport and positioning system
- Job memory and recall for repeat work inclues all drilling parameters
- Optional external interface for job data transfer by network or barcode driven
- In-line to off-line configuration in less than 10 minutes
Automated paper drilling on demand - paper drilling system PB.15 DoD
All drilling parameters like hole spacing, spine margin and sheet size are set at the push of a button. Depending on the no. of holes the output of this paper drilling system goes up to 1,500 piles per hour.